Blog HITS


Featured Links













About Me

Name: Yesha Gee
Home: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
About Me: Don't hate me because i'm beautiful.
See my profile...

My Previous Posts


My Archives


Read my thoughts

How GREAT is my GOD!

I had a very exciting and wonderful journey with the Lord last week. It was full of surprises yet fulfilling.

Have you ever been in a situation where you were tasked to do something you do not know?

I have been to plenty of that last week.

My boss asked me to write a letter to the Band Saderat Iran to inquire why the accounts (as per LC)has not been credited to our acccount yet. My boss told me to look for 'this' guy and give the letter to him and let him do everything. So i went with heart full of doubts, worries and what ifs because i am so CLUELESS what to do. But i stand strong and prayed. I pray to God, my constant companion, to bless me all the way. I pray that He will set everything in order in the bank. First thing i did when i reached the bank, was to look for the guy. I gave him the letter but he forward me to the documentation department and then they referred me to the Manager. Aha! Yup, i got so excited because God did not leave me. The Manager was so kind, really really kind that he assist me well in his office. The letter i handed him is invalid, he said. That's because the signatory has to be verified yet. So he referred me to the verification department in second floor, however, the verification department staff forwarded me to the verification department Manager. Again, God is so good, because the verification department manager was also really really nice. He politely explained that he can not verify the signature because the department can only verify bank signatures, not client signatories and nicely told me to go back to the manager of the LC Department in fourth floor. I explained everything to the LC Department Manager, he called the verification Department Manager, they talked and then he said, "Ok madam, i will do your request today (though we're already close) but you promise you give me the verified letter tomorrow."[the bank working hours is 9am-2pm bcos of Ramadan]. Praise God! I was so happy because my time was not put into waste.

The next day, my boss suddenly asked me to come with him to go the Inspection company to process the documents we need to export the commodities. i never been really exposed to that kind of job. I do talked and negotiated with them through telephone but that's it. Yet now, i will be dealing with them face to face. I really thought my boss simply took me to be with him there, but it turned out, he will be just waiting in the car and i will do everything. I could have had a nervous breakdown because i have no idea what to do. It is my first time. But i know nothing is impossible with God, so i prayed hard that He will bless me again and touch the people in the company to assist me well. God is so good indeed, the iranian lady i talked to over the phone assist me nicely. I asked her what to do because i honestly don't know anything. She smilely said, "Oh dear, all i need is the original copy of Bill of Lading and the certificates.Don't worry.". I was so blessed because the lady processed it in less than 15 minutes and i'm off to the parking lot where my boss was waiting.

I thought i was done for the day, but we still need to go to the Dubai Chamber of Commerce for verification and certification of documents. So we went there and again, he let me do everything. It was my very first time to go there. Dubai Chamber of Commerce is not a place where people can just enter and see. The security has to checked what purpose you'll be doing there for you to enter. When i entered the building, it was so crowded. I mean, there were tons of queues everywhere. But Good is awesome! I prayed to God that He will arranged smoothly everything for me, and yes.. He did! The customer service i talked to was so kind, she sent me to a nice document verifier. The document verifier was so nice also. Though i saw that she was a bit irritated to the guy she assisted before me, her mood has changed when she assisted me. She's then smiling and as i told her that it was my first time, she simply said, "So this is your first time, ok don't worry, i will do everything for you." I was so happy and can't help myself praising again and again. She done the job in 20 minutes and i went to meet my boss who was waiting outside.

But it was not over yet, because i was about to tell you the most exciting part. I thought we're heading back to the office, but we stopped by the Dubai Islamic Bank and my boss suddenly told me to get a copy of his personal account statements. I have been doing that kind of task, but i doubted that time because we lack authorization letter and requisition letter. I told him the situation and he said, "Just go!" I had no choice but to go. When i entered the bank, i was seem really blank. I'm emotionless and i just rolled my eyes in the room full of men. Yup, you rarely see women in Dubai. All you can see everywhere are guys. I did not stop praying for God's mercy. I was scared and hesitated because of the fact that i did not have any proof with me (like the letters) but only my boss identification card and account number. I saw that there were 3 CSR, 2 locals and an indian guy. Honestly speaking, i don't like dealing with locals, because first: they seldom listen, second: you have to do what they told you no matter how bad your situation, and third, begging is not an option. So i prayed to God really hard. I said, "Lord, please let the indian guy assist me. I don't want to be attended by the two locals, please let the indian guy assist me." i took 2 ticket numbers, 512 and 124. i don't really know which one i should fall because the number was randomly distributed to the three of them and i got scared because the 500+ ticket number kept increasing and i'm already close to it. I was the next customer to the local guy, and i was still in the second to the indian guy. I begged and prayed again hoping the indian guy will assist me, because i am certain that the local will say they can not provide me the statements because i don't have authorization letter and the requisition letter signed by the account owner. But God is really marvelous! The indian pressed his buzzer just before the local pressed his. I was so glad. There was still a little doubt though. I just told him i need to get the statement of my boss' account for 6 months but only have his identication card and account number but without the authorization letter and requisition letter. God is awesome, He touched the indian guy's heart and the indian guy just smiled and said, "Ok, six months right? from February?" and i nodded and smile. I got the statements in less than 3 minutes and went to the car.

Pish, it's not finished yet. It was a very long journey for me but it's not over yet. My boss told that we will be going to Persia International Bank in DIFC (Department of Finance Center). Again and again, it was my very first time to enter the beautifully made huge building like DIFC. All we did there was to submit all the documents i gone through processing then we left the building.

What most fulfilling was the time my boss told me, "Well done Yasi!".... and i said, "Praise God!."




posted by Yesha Gee at Sunday, September 7, 2008 11:17 PM -
0 Comments:
Post a Comment



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Meet ME